Galtlinedesign launching new custom IDX
- Tuesday, 27 January 2015 15:53
Galtlinedesign is getting close to launching their new custom idx platform for real estate agents and brokers. The core system will be launched for the Joomla 3 CMS. It has taken a little over a year to develop the brand new system and many new features have been implemented. SEO, lead generation, feature rich search functions and customization were the company’s main focal points. Real estate agents and brokers who are interested in beta testing should contact Galtlinedesign. A limited number of beta test clients will be accepted at a reduced rate. Please contact Galtlinedesign at 714-329-5496.
- Dynamically control meta data on each property details page
- Dynamically control URL structure of all pages
- Control all MLS DB fields and structure of all detail and search results pages.
Advanced Mapping system
- Designed from the ground up to offer the most cutting edge search and tab view idx system. Built on the standard of large portal real estate websites.
- Mapping draw tools, zoom in and zoom out, auto pan with side scroller
- Details and gallery view tabs
- Built on various frameworks that allow custom built features to be added incredibly fast.
- Joomla Bootstrap allows easy control over mobile, tablet and desktop modules. 100 percent responsive layout.
- Custom search builder allows for custom built search features for each agent
- Control all call to actions easily all in one place
- Integration of verification of email and phone
- Convert more leads than ever before…….
The new Galtlinedesign beta system will be the start of the next generation IDX. Custom themes, custom features, custom icons. Anything can be built into the system and there are no limitation on the size of the system. Joomla can handle thousands of pages easily and various high end enterprise level components are available. If you are looking for complete control over your IDX Galtlinedesign is the clear leader.
WordPress vs Joomla for Real Estate IDX
- Thursday, 23 October 2014 17:55
The debate has been raging for many years over the best CMS. Try Googling WordPress Vs Joomla and you will find pages of articles about how each CMS is the best. Galtlinedesign has been building real estate websites for many years and has built many systems not only on Joomla and WordPress but also on Drupal. All 3 CMS are outstanding and depending on your goals one might be better suited to fit your real estate needs.
Drupal Joomla and WordPress Real Estate IDX:
- Drupal first released in 2001 is by far one of the best built CMS on the market. Depending on the type of developer that you are working with it can be a very difficult learning curve. However the scalability of this CMS is simply unmatched. Drupal is used best in custom CMS systems where uniqueness is a key factor. We have seen custom built Drupal sites that do not resemble a typical Drupal install. Sophistication at its finest excellent code base and outstanding development community.
- One of the drawback to Drupal is the admin is complex. Once you get your head wrapped around it its a piece of cake but the learning curve can be steep for some users.
- 15 Million Downloads – Popularity
- Out of the box Drupal is the less CPU intensive and pages load faster without modifications.
- Excellent stability and scalability. Drupal systems can run website with hundreds of thousands of pages effortlessly.
- Simplicity at its best ! This is by far the most widely used CMS in the world . Why you might ask ? WordPress is one of the best blog platforms on the planet. Galtlinedesign has built hundreds of information based wordpress sites over the years. The admin can be run by even the most technically challenge individual. It has the most plugins (addons) of any CMS and most users select WordPress by default for blogging. The code base of WP is average at best. The most demanding programmers simply dislike the code base as its evolved over the years from a blog tool to a CMS.
- 14 0 Million downloads
- 40 percent of sites on the internet run WP
- Flexible CMS but more demanding applications cause some issues within the framework.
- Security is average at best. This is one of the most hacked CMS on the internet.
- WordPress works excellent for basic sites with limited content
- System can slow as plugins and content are added.
- Joomla fits nicely right in between WordPress and Drupal. It offers the power of Drupal with the ease of use of WordPress. Joomla offers thousands of high end addons many which are not even offered in Drupal or WordPress. Joomla 3 was recently released and it has some great features. By default the CMS ships with Bootstrap which offers easy implementation of responsive designs. In addition the system can be built to do just about anything. The code base is a little confusing at first but its extremely secure and offers the user a huge amount of flexibility.
- 30 million downloads
- User friendly
- Strong developer community
- Can handle hundreds of thousands of pages with ease and had the built in features to handle some of the most demanding applications.
At the end of the day I can take any of the 3 CMS systems and out rank any website. The CMS are very similar in many ways and SEO is excellent on all 3 platforms. There are various WordPress IDX plugins that work very well for an expensive basic IDX. Drupal IDX options are limited but again once implemented a real estate agent can do just about anything. Galtlinedesign offers one of the most flexible IDX real estate systems available in Joomla. Excellent SEO capabilities, Joomla 3, community pages advanced mapping and the ability to customize any part of your IDX. If you are looking for a fully scalable IDX system that can go grow with your company needs then Joomla and Galtlinedesign is the perfect choice.
Real Estate Plugins and Components
- Friday, 04 November 2011 17:57
There are various companies on the market that offer real estate IDX plugins for Drupal, Joomla and WordPress. Some offer the ability to connect to an MLS data base via an API others require you to build and manage your own RETS data base. Whichever method you choose it is important to understand the pros and cons of each open source option.
Real estate IDX plugins via API
- Inexpensive solution for agents to display indexable properties on a wordpress blog
- Fast, easy and quick solution
- Not a long term solution
- Control css templates and layout
- Very little control over building custom features into the idx. No high level programming integration
- Same URL structure as many sites – bad for Indexable properties
- Has a template website feel
When to use real estate plugins.If you are looking to keep costs down or test market an area you cant go wrong by using an API plugin. In addition to the various companies offering plugins many MLS branches now offer wordpress plugins. Agents can achieve short term success but long term success will be harder to achieve.
Real estate IDX components via RETS
- Various products on the market – Do it yourself IDX
- Highly customizable – Build as you go
- Long term solution
- Investment of time and technology including RETS and PHP
- Have to find the right programmers for the job
- Various components do not offer programming support
- Programmers must learn code and could take time. Process must be repeated for new programmers.
- Startup costs can range from 1,000 to 15,000.
When to use plugins and components. This option is for the savvy real estate agent who has tried many IDX providers. Be ready to invest long hours on maintaining and managing your system. This solution is a great choice if you want TOTAL CONTROL and have in house programmers. Agents who attempt this option must have some type of IT background. Hiring the right programmers for the job can be tricky. This is by far the most expensive option but in the end you will own the code.
Real estate solutions by Galtlinedesign
- Take the headache out of building your own IDX. Let Galtlinedesign take over your real estate technology needs.
- Custom build any part of your IDX at anytime
- Long term solution
- Supported IDX solution on open source cms
- Star up costs are competitive to custom template systems but much less than other custom idx services. Call for Pricing
When to use Galtlinedesign. Galtlinedesgin is for real estate professionals who want to build a 100 percent custom idx solution without having to invest time and thousands of dollars. Each agent has the ability to customize any part of the system at any time. This is a long term solution that can drive your business for many years. Upgrade and build on your own dime and keep monthly costs low. This is the ultimate idx solution for real estate agents and brokers.
WordPress idx, Joomla idx, Drupal idx ?
- Thursday, 03 November 2011 17:59
Custom real estate websites are becoming more popular than ever. The days of buying a template based propitiatory idx website is coming to an end. There are many options available today and one thing is clear. Open source cms is becoming common place in the real estate industry. Joomla, WordPress and Drupal are by far the most 3 used open source CMS systems available. Functionality can be expanded by using thousands of free and paid plugins or by partnering with a custom idx specialist.
The following is a brief summary of each cms (SEO – There are various articles on the web pertaining to which cms handles SEO the best. As of now there is still no evidence to suggest one cms is better than another. )
Real Estate CMS
- Drupal was started by Dries Buytaert as a community board. Release date 2001
- Drupal has 7 core versions of its software.
- Drupal has over 8k plugins and modules
- Drupal has over 885 Themes
- CMS Crawler 66,718
- Joomla was forked from Mambo in 2005 as a closed source proprietary system. It later released as an open source cms in 2002. Release date 2005
- Joomla has 6 core versions.
- Joomla has over 8500 plugins and modules
- Joomla does not have a total count but there are tons of companies providing themes
- CMS Crawler 356,142
- WordPress was forked from B2/cafelog and was created by Matt Mullenweg. Release date 2003
- WordPress has 3 core versions
- WordPress has over 14, 629 plugins and extensions
- WordPress has over 1300 themes available.
- CMS Crawler 412,941
Read more on CMS systems here
The Galtlinedesign Custom IDX Advantage
- Wednesday, 24 August 2011 18:01
Custom IDX Solutions
Custom IDX solutions are becoming more popular in the real estate industry. Many agents and brokers are turning to Galtlinedesign for an IDX system that can meet the demands of the agent without breaking the bank. Proprietary IDX solutions can only do so much and when the agent reaches their potential there are no other options but to move to a new IDX provider. Galtlinedesign’s custom IDX framework is built on the popular Joomla platform. With thousands of addons to chose from its no wonder why every vertical market is turning to open source CMS solutions. Imagine having thousands of developers building for your idx. Galtlinedesign offers one of the most flexible custom IDX solutions on the market. Start with one of our core system themes or build a custom idx. If you dream it up we can build it.
Advantages to Galtlinedesign’s Custom IDX solutions:
1) Open source – Download from thousands of addons – Extension Library
2) Build 100 percent custom – You have full control over your IDX and anything is attainable. Build when and what you want to meet market demands.
3) Indexable IDX – Index thousands of community pages and properties in the leading search engines.
4) Control your property listings with core IDX features that drive traffic
Learn more about custom IDX solutions by calling us now: 714-329-5496